Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Nickels are worth more than five cents

My mom's maiden name is Nickel and occasionally we'll joke about how she's worth five cents...that the original family was worth a quarter...and how my sisters and I are only two and a half cents...

But my Aunt Jackie is right. I have such a rich, godly heritage in my Nickel family. This past Sunday I was able to share with them my plans for Vienna and they were so supportive...showing interest and asking questions. I know without a doubt that they will be instrumental in supporting me as I'm in Austria, both financially and spiritually. Why, they sat me down right then and there and spent some time praying for me. They prayed for things I hadn't even thought of. But the icing on the cake was when Grandpa piped up right in the midst of the prayer, lifting me and my trip up to God. One might say he hasn't been on top of his game for a couple of years now, so it was especially sweet that he was aware enough to participate. Even better was that he made a special effort to wheel himself over and express his support.

Yep...those Nickels are worth a lot more than any number of cents could express.

2 comments:

Traci said...

Really cool, Melissa! I think you're worth a million bucks!

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa. You said some really great things about your Nickel family. They are a great bunch. We are blessed indeed. I love you so much and am so proud of you. God will not let you down. You can't go anywhere without Him. Isn't that the most wonderful thing? Yes, Grandpa was the icing on the cake.