Sunday, September 6, 2009

All for nothing

Yesterday morning I woke up prepared to spend the next three hours working on cinnamon rolls.

I dissolved my yeast, let the dough rise in my warm oven and prepared to roll the dough with an empty bottle.


After the dough was rolled, brown sugar and cinnamon sprinkled, and the rolls rolled and placed into the pan, they're ready to be placed in the oven.


So promising...



Unfortunately the oven didn't work exactly like I thought. After sitting in a warm, but not baking oven for at least an hour, we figured out a way to get these guys baking. Anticipation was high until they started burning.


All that effort, and only mediocre results. The tops were salvageable, and the frosting make them tolerable, but still...very sad.

2 comments:

leslie.kidd said...

aww! so sad for the attempted and failed cinnamon rolls - love the pictures though, esp the last one ;)

Cassandra Rollins said...

I guess you will just have to keep trying. You are bound to be successful. Happy Labor Day. Praying for you.