Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tried to make cookies...

Carrie's birthday is today so we had a little dinner. Whitney and I were in charge of the dessert: cookies and ice cream. What can go wrong with cookies you say? Let me fill you in.

First of all...there are no chocolate chips. You have to buy a chocolate bar and cut your own.


I know you think these look normal, but...


really, there is no brown sugar so I just substituted granulated. I know they say you can add molasses as part of a substitute, but I couldn't find any molasses in Spar. And the vanilla is totally different. It kind of looks like the raw sugar in the brown packets you can find some places. So needless to say...they didn't taste like I'm used to. My friends were very kind in saying they were good...but they were really sugary and crunchy...I guess I'll have to find a new favorite cookie recipe...one without brown sugar and vanilla.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What?! No brown sugar or chocolate chips? I didn't know Vienna was a 3rd world country. J/K :)